So when I started getting into Phish, I started playing it for my dad. For years I wanted to take him to a show (but they had to get back together first). When FINALLY! at long last! they were playing Blossom Music Center outside of Cleveland (Phish was banned from Cleveland city limits in 1998), I bought two tickets and got excited.
| Me, Random hippie dude with cool skeleton puppet, and Daddy |
The lot scene was crazy, but always one of my favorite parts. Phish has so many eclectic fans, always trying to make a buck selling tickets, fan made shirts, grilled cheese and tie dye. It sounds so stereotypical, but its stereotypical for a reason - it's true.
My dad and I hung out with some of my friends in the lot pre-show. For the first, and probably last (and maybe only) time ever I saw my dad drink a Bud Light.
The show itself was great, as I expected. Phish came out strong, and rocked well past my daddy's bed time. The whole week the weather report said it would rain, but it held off. The end of the second set and encore was punctuated by some amazing lighting above the pavillion. When it was over, we followed the masses back to the parking lot, and somehow found our car fairly easily. The second we got inside and sat down, the rain came.
No comments:
Post a Comment