I ordered a bunch of $5 Hot N Ready's from Little Caesars and had a few friends over before going out. We hung around, ate, drank, talked and played on my awesome new birthday gift - an Xbox360 (thanks, little brother)!! I only have two games right now, so any suggestions you have (or if you wanna play with me on Xbox Live), please leave in the comments!
I like how my birthday falls kind of before Christmas, but not too soon before it and not too close that I'm sick of presents by Christmas day (wait, did I say sick of presents?!). I had been hoping to get an Xbox for Christmas, but since I got surprised with it earlier, I'm asking Santa for Kinect and Rock Band.
I've played Rock Band extensively, and I freakin' LOVE IT. It's fun to play alone, but much more fun to play with friends. I like the interactive-ness of it. I like that the controllers aren't really controllers, and I think that's also why I'll really like Kinect - NO controllers! A video game that gets you off your ass sounds like an oxymoron, but I hope it becomes more of the norm.
I remember being little and watching on Nickelodeon 'Legends of the Hidden Temple.' At the end of each episode, one of the contestants would disappear into a video game, actually jumping and 'fighting' with the video game characters. I thought that was the coolest thing, even though then, they were probably just standing in a room against a green screen jumping and kicking when a producer told them to. But now, we can do it for real with Kinect. I'll let you know how it is if Santa brings it!
But back to the birthday celebration!
After noming some serious pizzas, we headed out to my favorite dive bar (which I won't name here because I like it's emptiness) for drinks and shots of Patron (yikes).
![]() |
| Who takes normal pictures these days? |
The night took a few interesting turns, and was definitely a great time! (Thanks to my friends who came out!)
I probably won't post for a few days... tomorrow I'm going to Texas to visit my formerly attached at the hip BFF!

No comments:
Post a Comment