This is a little belated, but I wanted to touch on it anways, cause it's so hilarious.
As anyone who works in a cubicle knows, life in the cube can be boring, stressful, soulsucking and tedious all at once.
I, personally, am a fan of anything that breaks the monotony. When I heard about 'Bad Dress Day' - a day organized by a select few employees, with very few participants, with the goal to dress HORRIBLY - I had to partake! Being a person who can't stand wearing brown while wearing my black glasses, I knew the mismatching would be hard for me. Seems that BDD is hard for lots of girls, as I was the only female participant. Another coworker said to me, "I just don't have bad clothes!" I said, "It doesn't matter if the clothes are bad, just mismatch! Wear patterns with patterns, wear black, brown, grey, blue and cream all at once!"
BBD was complete with a BBQ during lunch hour, and an awards ceremony with horrendous prizes (think plastic toy sharks, and other things adults can really use).
Unfortunately, I didn't bag first place this time. I was just getting warmed up! Besides, I didn't wanna be that first time participant that destroys the competition!
I'll get 'em next time!

No comments:
Post a Comment