Saturday, May 29, 2010

Middleburg Heights Rib Cook-off!

I'd never been to a rib cook off before, but I love ribs and being outside in the early summertime. Plus it was perfect for a semi-first date. (Now that I type it, eating messy ribs on a first date doesn't sound like an attractive idea, but I guess we were on the same page.)
We headed to the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds in Berea. I always love to see how the fairgrounds can transform for the many events it hosts. 
Bike Night at the rib cook-off!
We were lucky, the first night had free parking, and it was also bike night. I love motorcycles, though I can only ride on the back of one, and my date had been saving up to buy one as soon as possible. I love the crackling sound of a running bike. 
The fairgrounds are always full of people, but fortunately, it wasn't that busy. We circled around all the food stands, looking at all their awards and trophies, trying to decide the best one to eat at. 
Eventually, we decided on Carolina's and shared a combination platter, of three different types of ribs, beans, coleslaw and a roll. It was insanely delicious.
Best first date ever. 

2 comments:

  1. mmm ribs! i love having cornbread with them...we should hit up the cleveland rib cookoff next year, it's like a rib CIRCUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rachael, ribs and a circus?!? that sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete