Monday, May 3, 2010

Can 1 Ordinary Girl Survive 4 Hanson Concerts in a Row?

The answer is yes. I survived four nights of Hanson in a row at the Gramercy Theater in New York City. 


I've been a Hanson fan since 'MMMBop' hit the airwaves. I guess it makes me a certified nerd, but I feel like I grew up with the guys. But I better not make this post about 'what Hanson means to me' otherwise we'll be here all night.
I always love an excuse to travel and see live music, so when I found out that Hanson was playing five nights in a row, playing each album they've released chronologically and in the track listing order, ending with the debut of a new album - I was there. I convinced my best friend and life-long Hanson buddy, Meghan, to meet me in NYC from her new home in Austin, Texas. 
Meghan and I pre-Hanson
Because I know you're going to ask, yes, they played 'MMMBop.' 


The shows were high energy, and the crowd of mainly 20-28 year old women couldn't get enough. Thankfully, the days of pushing, fighting and squashing against the front row are over. (I've seen many a girl pass out at a Hanson concert.)


And considering I've been listening to these guys since I was 11, it's pretty fun to go to their shows as a 'grown up' and have a few drinks to the songs I've loved for over a decade.


The fifth night ended with the debut of their new album, and their new single, 'Thinkin' 'Bout Somethin'':


That's a good note to end on. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Hanson!!! I'm so jealous you got to see 4 concerts in a row!

    ReplyDelete